If your child would thrive at Emerson, the cost of tuition should not be the deciding factor as to whether or not they attend. Each family has different financial needs, some greater than others, and flexible tuition means that the cost of attending Emerson is relative to your family’s unique situation.
Tuition for 2019-2020 ranges from:
- Kindergarten: $500 to $17,500
- Grades 1–5: $500 to $21,200
- Grades 6–8: $500 to $22,950
How Flexible Tuition is Determined
To help determine the tuition your family would be asked to pay, families are asked to complete the FACTS Grant and Aid application. FACTS is a third-party organization that independently assesses each family’s income and expenses. While many families choose to forego this option and pay the full amount of tuition, around 20 percent of Emerson’s families participate in flexible tuition.
More than $500,000 goes to support families through flexible tuition each year
After the FACTS assessment, each application is reviewed by Emerson’s Financial Aid Committee, and individual circumstances are considered. The tuition your family would be asked to pay is then shared with you, prior to your completion of an enrollment contract.
To participate in flexible tuition, please complete the FACTS Grant & Aid application. You can apply for flexible tuition before starting an admissions application. In order to be considered in the first round of consideration, your completed application must be received by February 4 of the current school year.
FLEXIBLE TUITION OVERVIEW & FAQS
APPLY FOR FLEXIBLE TUITION
- Admissions decisions are made independently of financial considerations. Emerson School admits qualified students without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, or physical handicap.
- Emerson does not offer merit- or achievement-based scholarships.
- Flexible tuition is finalized once the student’s enrollment agreement is completed and signed.
- The amount each family is asked to pay through flexible tuition is reevaluated annually and is subject to change if a family’s financial circumstances have changed.
- Final flexible tuition decisions are determined by Emerson’s Financial Aid Committee.
APPLY FOR FLEXIBLE TUITION
Emerson School recommends participating in the Tuition Refund Insurance Plan, which provides families with tuition obligation coverage in the event of a student’s withdrawal or dismissal from the school before the academic year is completed.
2019-2020 Tuition Refund Insurance Fee (2.5% of tuition)
- Kindergarten: $412.50
- Grades 1–5: $505
- Grades 6–8: $548.75
The premium is billed by the school in September and payment is forwarded to the insurance company, A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. Please read the brochure for a detailed explanation of the terms of the policy. The Tuition Refund Insurance Plan becomes effective on the student’s first day of school according to the current academic calendar.
+ A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. tuition refund plan coverage