The same passion, diversity, freedom, and energy that make Emerson an unmatched place to learn are the same reasons Emerson is such a wonderful place to work. It has allowed us to build the best family of teachers and administrators to teach, lead, inspire, and challenge our students.
Middle School Art Teacher
Emerson School is seeking a part-time middle school (grades 6-8) art teacher. We are searching for a talented, team-oriented candidate to lead 6th to 8th graders, and to proactively serve our entire school community. The part-time Art teacher is responsible for all aspects of art education in the Middle School. S/he reports directly to the Middle School Director. A bachelor’s degree is required. This position is .60 full time equivalent (FTE) and would begin immediately. Additional supervisory duties and responsibilities outside of teaching may also be available.
Major responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
● Teaching six grade-level art enrichment classes each week to 6th-8th graders (three classes twice a week/one grade per trimester)
● Teaching two art electives each trimester. (Topics based on teacher’s interest and experience)
● Serving as an advisor for a group of middle school students, providing informal and personal guidance for these students about all areas of school life
● Participating in required school events, including biannual parent-teacher conferences
● Reporting on student progress each trimester
● Effectively communicating with parents at other times, as needed
● Developing and moving the school’s art program forward, in addition to regularly planning, designing, and hanging middle school art displays
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé to Beth Muszkiewicz at email@example.com
After School Program Staff Member
Emerson School is currently looking to hire staff members for the After School Program. Responsibilities include: signing in students, planning craft activities, supervising students both inside and out, helping students problem solve and general conflict resolution. Assistance with homework is also part of this position. We’re looking for great role models for elementary students.
+ Learn More
Substitute teachers are valued members of Emerson’s learning community and help implement our mission to provide a whole child, multiple method approach to instruction for gifted and for academically talented students.
+ Learn more
If you would like to stay informed of new opportunities as they become available, please complete the form below.
Emerson School is committed to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. Employment-related decisions and access to programs administered under the auspices of Emerson School shall be made without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions) or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.