Join us at one of our upcoming admissions tour days to see K-8 classrooms in action, talk with current parents, and speak with faculty and staff about what makes Emerson such a special place to learn. All tours begin at 9:00am.
- October 18
- November 7 (Student-led tour)
- December 6
- January 17
- February 7 (Rescheduled for Feb. 14 due to weather-related school closure)
- February 14
- March 7
- April 12 (Student-led tour)
For a special look through a student’s eyes, please attend one of the student-led tour dates indicated above. Middle School students will guide you through the school while sharing their experiences and insight.
Can’t make any of the dates above? Contact Admissions Director Lisa Psarouthakis at 734-665-5662, x303, or firstname.lastname@example.org, to make alternative accommodations.
Admissions Events and Activities
- 5th Grade Up to the Future Day: Thursday, Jan. 18
An opportunity for 5th graders to get a glimpse of what they’ll experience in Middle School
- K-1 Information Meeting: Friday, Jan. 26, 10:00am–11:00am
Meet teachers and learn about the kindergarten and 1st grade program
- Think Tank – Virtual Q&A with 8th graders about being a middle schooler: Tuesday, Jan. 30, 12:15pm-1:15pm
Attend this virtual Q&A with 8th graders and find out what the middle school experience is like from current Emerson School students. Parents can ask all their burning questions and learn what students wish parents knew about moving up to middle school. Students will include those who attended Emerson in Lower School, as well as those who transitioned from other schools, so parents can expect a range of perspectives. Middle School Director Andy Zimmer will also be streaming in.
+ Join the virtual meeting on Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/ndg-whjt-aqe
- Meet the Teach Round Table Q&A: Saturday, Feb. 24, 10:00am
Join us for small round table discussions with Emerson teachers. You’ll find out what students are learning, how teachers crafted their curriculum, and why it’s different from other schools. All families considering Emerson are invited, including those who have already toured—you’re sure to learn something new and it is a great opportunity to ask questions.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Kindergarten Applicant Visit Days
After an application is submitted, prospective kindergarteners will be invited to visit on one of the days below. It’s a fun experience for children and helps our teachers learn more about your child.
- Tuesday, Feb. 6, 12:00pm–2:00pm
- Tuesday, Mar. 6, 12:00pm–2:00pm
- Tuesday, Apr. 10, 12:00pm–2:00pm
- Financial Aid Application Deadline: Wednesday, Jan. 24
Families can use their previous year’s tax returns to complete application, if current year’s are not available by this date
- Re-Enrollment Cancellation Deadline: Wednesday, Feb. 14