Sports Offered at Emerson
- Co-ed soccer, grades 6-8
- Girls volleyball, grades 5-8
- Cross country, co-ed, grades 5-8
Winter 1 (November-January)
- Boys basketball, grades 5-8
Winter 2 (January-March)
- Girls basketball, grades 5-8
Spring (April – May)
- Track, co-ed, grades 5-8
Soccer, Volleyball, and Basketball
- Played through the AAIAA league, comprised of area independent schools
- Games traditionally played on Tuesdays and Thursdays (though rescheduling may occur)
- Practices typically Monday and/or Wednesdays, plus any open Tuesdays or Thursdays
- Seasons conclude with league tournament, which include Friday and Saturday games
Cross Country and Track
- Separate from league format
- Meets may occur any day of the week
- Practices tend to follow a similar schedule as league teams, but are at the discretion of the coach.
Students wishing to participate in gr. 5-8 sports teams at Emerson must have a current signed physical form on file in the office. Students who are restricted from participating in after school activities due to medical reasons require a signed release from their doctor.
Emerson Teams through Ann Arbor Rec & Ed
Often Emerson lower school students participate in Ann Arbor Rec & Ed sports. These Emerson teams form based on interest and are parent-driven, parent-coached teams. All registration and games are scheduled through Ann Arbor Rec & Ed rather than through Emerson School; however, coaches typically hold practices after school at Emerson, when time and space allow.
All families interested in coaching, forming, or participating in a Rec & Ed Emerson team should contact the ESPO grade level representative or the ESPO Leadership. They will reach out to parents of the specific grade level to determine interest.
All Rec & Ed Emerson Coaches should do the following: