All students in grades 5-8 are encouraged to participate in competitive team sports. We also offer a handful of intramural options for those who choose to play for fun and fitness. These opportunities foster a sense of curiosity, good sportsmanship, empathy, and resilience.
- Boys Soccer, grades 5-8
- Field Hockey, grades 5-8
- Girls Volleyball, JV grades 5-6, Varsity grades 7-8
- Flag Football, grades 5-8
- Cross Country, co-ed, grades 5-8
- Boys Basketball, grades 5-8
- Intramural Boys Basketball, grades 3-4
- Girls Basketball, JV grades 5-6, Varsity grades 7-8
- Intramural Girls Basketball, grades 3-4
- Girls Soccer, grades 5-8
- Track, co-ed, grades 5-8
- Boys Volleyball, grades 5-8
- Intramural Pickleball, grades 5-8
- Intramural Lacrosse, grades 4-8
Run Club/Cross-Country, grades 1-4
The Run Club/Emerson Cross Country Team is open to students in grades 1 through 4 who love to run and are interested in learning more about cross country. The season will last 5 weeks and consist of one practice and one race each week.
+ Learn More
Emerson Teams through Ann Arbor Rec & Ed
Often Emerson lower school students participate in Ann Arbor Rec & Ed sports. These Emerson teams form based on interest and are parent-driven, parent-coached teams. All registration and games are scheduled through Ann Arbor Rec & Ed rather than through Emerson School; however, coaches typically hold practices after school at Emerson, when time and space allow.
All families interested in coaching, forming, or participating in a Rec & Ed Emerson team should contact the ESPO grade level representative or the ESPO Leadership. They will reach out to parents of the specific grade level to determine interest.
All Rec & Ed Emerson Coaches should do the following: