By the Emerson School Business Office
For your convenience, buyback will be offered online only at www.mbsDirect.net. It’s simple and you can login anytime, 24/7, to MBS from your computer. No need to worry about dates or times for the books to be returned to the school.
- Visit www.mbsDirect.net
- Search for “Emerson School” and select it from the results list
- Click “Sell Your Books”
- Sign In or Click “I don’t have an account”
- Your previous purchases will be listed. Make sure the box on the right (Add Items) is checked for the books you will be selling (uncheck the box if you will not be selling the book back) and click continue.
- To add books, enter the ISBNs of the books you would like to sell
- Click “Price My Books” and review your Buyback Cart before clicking “Proceed to Check Out”
- Review the four key areas when checking your books, click “Continue”
- Review your mailing address and payment option, click “Finalize My Buyback Quote”
- Print 2 copies of the finalized buyback quote (Please note, your quote is not finalized unless it includes a quote number).
- Print return labels. Put books and a copy of the book quote in box, attach return label to box, mail
Once MBS receives your books, you will receive an email confirmation. You will receive another email confirming the buyback value of your books. Please allow approximately 2-4 weeks for the entire process to occur.
Please remember, MBS may not purchase all the books that you would like to sell during this time because of their supply and demand. However, feel free to check MBS’s website at a later date. MBS does not purchase workbooks and pays very little for paperbacks. Remember….MBS only purchases by supply and demand of the book.
Below is a list of the books by grade to keep for the following year. DO NOT sell back.
6th grade books to keep
- JAPANESE: Adventure in Japanese 1 – Textbook, Workbook and Flashcards
- LATIN: Jenney’s First Year Latin – Textbook and Workbook
- SOCIAL STUDIES: Creating America
- SPANISH: Ven Conmigo! Level 1 – Textbook, Activity book and Grammar book
7th grade books to keep
- ALGEBRA: Algebra 1 Concepts and Skills (Unless going into Geometry)
- JAPANESE: Adventure in Japanese 2 – Textbook and Workbook
- LATIN: Jenney’s First Year Latin – Textbook, Workbook and Bantam Latin/English Dictionary
- SPANISH: Ven Conmigo! Level 2 – Textbook, Activity book, Grammar book
The 2014/2015 Middle School Books will not post on the MBS website until July 1, 2014. Prior to July 1, 2014 the 2013/2014 Middle School Book list will still be posted.